Posted on September 29th, 2017
Here are various links to some great site’s.
- Aron Nelsons Site [http://www.diystompboxes.com] – another good site has many articles, links, shop and more. plus a brilliant and vast schematics collection/list
- Geo Fex [http://www.geofex.com] – R.G Keens site, well known you’ll see his name everywhere. One of the best sites for DIY pedal builders. Theres a lot of articles, how to’s, FAQ’s, projects, schematics, problem solvers.
- Small Bear Electronics, DIY/Projects [http://diy.smallbearelec.com] – The web store was recently updated and the main URL now points at the store. A couple of great projects for beginners and more advanced builders.
- General Guitar Gadgets [http://www.generalguitargadgets.com] – A large selection of schematics and project.
- Datasheet Catalogue [http://datasheetcatalog.com] – A useful site contains datasheets for lots of components. Great if you can’t find a component and need to match its characteristics with a readily available one. (e.g. discontinued components)
- Free Information Society [http://www.freeinfosociety.com/] – contains a lot of info many schematics such as boss products Ampeg and lots more. A wide mix of information!
- Music Electronics µArchive [http://audible.transient.net/archive/] – contains a good selection of schematics many amps by Marshall and Fender. The whole archive can be downloaded in one click too (however a .ps file reader program is needed for some these can be easily downloaded though)
- Fuzz Central [http://fuzzcentral.ssguitar.com] – with a great schematics section. However, the site has not been updated for a long time.
- Run Off Groove [http://runoffgroove.com/] – A good site for sound files etc. great if you want to know exactly what that effect is meant to sound like.
- Beavis Audio Research [http://beavisaudio.com/] – A fantastic site with some great projects and lots of technical information. The site is now back up but it sadly dissapeared for a while theres some great information cached here Internet Archive 18/05/15 [archive.org].
- Guitar FX Layouts [http://tagboardeffects.blogspot.co.uk/] – A blog site containing lots of stripboard/vero layouts. A great site but rarely includes schematics
- Effect Layouts [http://effectslayouts.blogspot.co.uk/] – A blog site containing lots of layouts. Each layout includes a perfboard and single sided PCB layout ready for etching.
- Small Bear Electronics [http://www.smallbearelec.com] – A US based store specialising in audio electronics and guitar parts. Once a small time supplier, they now sells a wide range including some hard to find and ‘mojo’ components.
- Bits Box [http://www.bitsbox.co.uk] – A fantastic UK based store. They sell a wide range of components at competitive prices. They send orders at a fixed rate, orders typically arrive the next day.
- Das Musikding [http://www.musikding.de] – A German based store selling many components for guitar pedals. Competitive prices, they stock a wide range of knobs, enclosures (including looper enclures) and wah components. I have to admit I have only used them once.
- Fuzz Dog [http://shop.pedalparts.co.uk] – A fantastic UK store selling PCBs, kits and some components for many popular builds.